Extend Coolant Life and Maximize Productivity.
Remove particulate and tramp oils from your water-based cutting and grinding fluids to extend fluid and tooling life, improve part quality and shorten cycle times.
With more than twenty filter options, COMO can design a solution that meets your exact fluid cleanliness goals.
Contamination Leads to Premature Fluid Breakdown and Diminished Part Quality
Chips and swarf increase friction, reduce fluid cooling rates, shorten tool life and decrease surface finish quality. Tramp oils interfere with coolant emulsions, shorten fluid life and promote bacterial growth and foul odors.
If you’re experiencing any of the following, it’s time to look for a new industrial filtration system:
- Tramp oil buildup on reservoir surface
- Foul smelling fluids and skin irritation
- Short coolant life and high fluid disposal costs
- Chip, fine and swarf contamination
- Slow machining speed, poor surface finish and scrapped parts
- Increased wear and corrosion on critical tool and workpiece surfaces
Filter Particulate Contamination to Any Required Micron Level
Chips, fines and swarf from the metalworking process are constantly contaminating your coolant. These particulates increase friction, process temperature, and abrasive wear, which shortens tool life and reduces part quality.
COMO can efficiently remove both large chips and small fines down to one micron—allowing you to achieve any desired cleanliness goal and:
- Remove chips, fines, grindings and swarf
- Extend the life of your soluble, synthetic and semi-synthetic coolants
- Extend tool life by reducing abrasive wear
- Improve cycle times and minimize scrapped parts
- Save on expensive fluid disposal and replacement costs
Remove Tramp Oils from Machine Tool Coolants
Tramp oils get into your coolant from oily residues on workpieces and from cross contamination with other lubricants used in the machining process. Tramp oil promotes bacterial growth that creates foul odors and causes dermatitis. The bacteria also degrades coolant emulsifiers and corrosion inhibitors, which increases corrosion to the tool and workpiece and shortens fluid life.
COMO can help you to:
- Separate and remove tramp oils from coolant
- Prevent bacterial growth that causes foul odors and health concerns
- Extend the life of your soluble, synthetic, and semi-synthetic coolants
- Maintain acceptable cooling rates to maximize part quality and productivity