Extend Transformer Oil Life and Improve Reliability.
Our power transformer oil filtration systems filter particulate and water contamination simultaneously. Our filtration extends transformer oil and component life, maintains oil dielectric strength, and reduces the chance of electrical discharge and transformer failure.
With more than twenty filter options, COMO can design a solution that meets your exact fluid cleanliness goals.
Transformer Oil Contamination Degrades Oil and Reduces Dielectric Strength
Particle and water contamination reduce transformer oil dielectric strength and breakdown voltage. This increases the risk of electrical discharge and transformer malfunction. Also, contamination creates acid and sludge that lowers cooling rates in the transformer.
Experiencing any of the following? It’s time to look for a new industrial filtration system:
- Reduced dielectric strength
- Buildup of acid from oxidation and oil breakdown
- Corona discharge and electrical arcing
- Sludge on windings, reducing cooling effectiveness
- Load Tap Changer contact wear and coking
- Poor transformer reliability
- High costs for oil disposal and replacement
Filter Particulate Contamination to One Micron and Below
Particulate contamination is constantly finding ways in to the transformer oil. New transformers have leftover particles from manufacturing, and even brand-new oil is dirty from handling and transportation. More particles are generated inside the transformer from the oil’s interaction with internal components and from tap changer switching operation. These particulates lower the oil’s dielectric strength, reduce transformer reliability, and increase wear and coking of tap changer contacts. COMO can remove particulate to one micron, allowing you to achieve any ISO cleanliness goal and:
- Extend transformer oil life
- Maintain fluid dielectric strength
- Improve transformer reliability and minimize risk of electrical discharge
- Slow down the decomposition of the paper insulation on windings
- Save on fluid disposal and replacement costs
- Reduce maintenance, downtime, and outages
Eliminate Water Contamination
Water gets in to transformer oil through humidity in the air. The oil can be exposed to humid air through the breather, poor seals, and during installation. Water contamination accelerates oil oxidation, acid buildup, varnish, and sludge. These oxidation byproducts shorten the life of the transformer and the oil by reducing the cooling rate of the oil and increasing internal temperatures.
Additionally, water reduces the oil’s dielectric strength and breakdown voltage, which increases the risk of electrical discharge and transformer failure. COMO can help you:
- Remove dissolved, emulsified, and free water
- Minimize oxidation, acid buildup, varnish, and sludge
- Extend transformer oil and component life
- Maintain transformer oil dielectric strength to minimize failures and downtime
- Reduce fluid disposal and replacement costs