Reduce Sludge and Extend Quench Oil Life.
COMO removes particulate and water contamination simultaneously to extend quench oil life, reduce oxidation, minimize sludge and varnish, and improve part quality.
With more than twenty filter options, COMO can design a solution that meets your exact fluid cleanliness goals.
Contamination Degrades Quench Oil Performance and Shortens Bath Life
Particulate and water in your quench oil accelerate fluid oxidation and breakdown, creating sludge and varnish that increase part distortion, cracking, and staining.
If you’re experiencing any of the following, it’s time to look for a new quench oil filtration system:
- Sludge, varnish, and acid buildup
- Short quench oil life
- Unstable oil viscosity and cooling curves
- Part distortion or cracking
- Surface deposits and staining
- Soft-spots and non-uniform hardening
- High costs for oil disposal and replacement
Filter Particulate Contamination to Any Micron Level
Particulate contamination is always finding ways into quench oil. Dust, metal particles, soot, and rust are all present in the atmosphere or on parts and are continuously transferred to the quench oil. These contaminants can affect heat transfer rates, increase oxidation, and leave deposits on parts.
COMO can remove particulate to as low as one micron, allowing you to achieve any fluid cleanliness goal. With COMO, you will:
- Extend quench oil life
- Reduce oxidation and sludge formation
- Maintain heat transfer rates and stabilize cooling curves
- Improve part surface finish
- Save on fluid disposal and replacement costs
- Reduce maintenance and downtime
Eliminate Water Contamination in Quench Oil
Water gets in to quench oil via condensation and cooler leaks and has a significantly different boiling point and cooling rate than quench oil. Parts that come in contact with water while hardening are subject to soft-spots, non-uniform hardening, and distortion.
Water also accelerates the oxidation and fluid breakdown, generating sludge and varnish in a quench oil system. These byproducts of oxidation further affect heat transfer rates and cooling curves, which results in distortion, thermal cracking, surface deposits, and part staining.
COMO can help you to:
- Remove dissolved, emulsified, and free water
- Extend quench oil life
- Minimize oxidation, sludge, and varnish
- Retain quench oil heat-transfer rates and cooling curves
- Improve part quality and minimize rejects
- Reduce fluid disposal and replacement costs